The Trump administration is turning the bigoted rhetoric of his presidential campaign into bigoted policy, less than a week into holding office. The proposed ban on Muslims and shut down of our borders are the first steps in a Trump-era agenda that criminalizes entire communities based on their nationality and origin.
We are resisting.
- We participated in the Women’s March this past Saturday in Santa Ana where more than 20,000 people reportedly attended joining close to 3 million people nationwide in a show of unity against hate and bigotry. Our vice chair Mirvette Judeh-Maaytah was one of the featured speakers at the event. Watch her electrifying speech here.
- We held a press conference along with a coalition of immigrant rights and civil rights organizations in Santa Ana. Read the OC Register’s write up here. Watch NBC’s news segment here.
3 things you can do today to RESIST Trump’s Executive Orders:
- Attend the immigration town hall meeting today at 2pm hosted by Rep. Lou Correa. Prepare statements and questions about Trump’s Executive Orders. Details here.
- Join us at the #NoBanNoWall march to the federal building in Santa Ana to resist and fight for Orange County as a Sanctuary County, a county that welcomes all immigrants and refugees. Details here.
- Call your representative to urge her/him to speak out against Trump’s bigoted executive orders.