The Arab American Civic Council applauds the California State Senate for adopting Concurrent Resolution (SCR) 123, authored by State Senator Josh Newman (D-Fullerton) with unanimous support. SCR 123 commemorates the month of April as “Arab American Heritage Month” in California and recognizes the important contributions of Arab Americans to our state.
In addition to presenting SCR 123 on the Senate Floor today, Senator Newman also welcomed and introduced the following Arab American leaders in their respective regions:
- Rashad Al-Dabbagh, Executive Director, Arab American Civic Council
- Serge Bakalian, Founder and Executive Director, Arab Film and Media Institute
- Basim Elkarra, Executive Director, CAIR-Sacramento (Council on American Islamic Relations)
- Mirvette Judeh, Vice Chair, Arab American Civic Council
- Maria Khani, Founder and Director, A Country Called Syria
The Arab American Civic Council will commemmorate Arab American Heritage Month during its upcoming gala on April 21st. Get your gala ticket here.