Administrative Specialist – Part Time
The Arab American Civic Council seeks an energetic, passionate, and detail-oriented individual to join our growing team and serve as an Administrative Specialist [Part-Time] to carry out AACC’s mission and services.
Supervisor: Executive Director
Location: Anaheim, CA
Status: Part-timeThis is a part-time position (16-20 hours/week) with some weekends/after hours required. Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Coordinate board meetings, staff meetings, preparing materials, and taking minutes.
- Schedule work hours and track work progress of fellows and interns.
- Provide administrative support such as scheduling appointments, and coordinating meetings.
- Track, monitor, and follow-up on projects and action items that stem from the Executive Director.
- Support logistics for the annual fundraiser, such as coordinating sponsorships, managing timelines and checklists, tracking RSVPs and ticket requests, and overseeing event registration.
- Process donations and maintain accurate donor files, including giving histories and contact information.
- Send donor acknowledgment letters.
- Support the planning and implementation of virtual and in-person events and training workshops.
- Assist in preparing communications, such as invitations, save-the-dates, appeals letters.
- Assist in preparing AACC’s e-newsletter, posting content to website and social media, and other tasks related to communications efforts.
- Compile grant updates and collect documents for grant reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Minimum Requirements:
- Commitment to advancing the mission of the Arab American Civic Council.
- Experience with non-profit administration or other relevant experience.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other team members.
- Ability to work professionally and effectively to meet timelines and deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to events and timelines as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, and strong communication skills.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as required by events and deadlines
- Prior experience working with databases (Action Network experience a plus).
- Working knowledge and experience with Canva.
- Prior experience working with website content management systems (WordPress experience a plus).
Application Process: All applicants will be evaluated on a rolling basis, until the position is filled. Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and list of three references in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.